Liquid laundry packets contain highly concentrated detergent and must be kept away from children, just like other household cleaners like bleach and dish soap. They can cause serious injury or illness if exposed to the eyes or swallowed. Ensure these products are always stored up and out of reach of young children.
Be the KEY to a safe laundry room and routine.
K – Keep single-load liquid laundry packets out of the reach of children
E – Educate your family and friends about the safe use and storage of these new laundry products
Y – You serve a key role in laundry safety
Get involved, take action and join the more than 48,000 people that have already pledged to be the KEY to a safe laundry room and routine. Take the Pledge online at keypledge.com and follow ACI’s simple steps to be the KEY to your family’s laundry safety.
Learn more about safety tips in the laundry room from these educational videos.
- Like all other cleaning products, keep single-load liquid laundry packets out of reach of children and pets between every load to prevent unintended exposure.
- Do not cut or tear the single-load liquid laundry packets. They are designed to dissolve completely in the machine, even in cold water.
- If the single-load liquid laundry packets stick together, throw them away.
- Handle this product with dry hands only, and remember to close the product container completely after each use to keep out moisture.
- Always ensure re-closeable bag or container is tightly sealed after use and during storage.
- As with other laundry products, keep product in its original container with intact labels.
- If you think a child has been exposed to a single-load liquid laundry packet, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately.